The Northwest Florida Linux User Group (NWFLUG) was formed for the
primary purpose of educating the local community in the
use of the non-Windows, non-Mac operating system (OS) called GNU/Linux.
The group is an official member of the
(Also see our
Note that we have a draft slide presentation on "Why Linux?" that is available
here. The presentation is part of our community outreach program.
- The group meets on the first Monday of every month
in Room 400
(on the second floor) of the Niceville campus of the
Crosspoint United Methodist Church.
Directions may be found by going to this direct
link on Google Maps.
A campus facility map is available
The meeting starts at 5:30 PM and ends by 7:30 PM.
(Note we occasionally meet at other venues which will be
noted in the upcoming meeting announcement below.)
- In addition to normal Monday meetings, the group also hosts Linux installation sessions
on the third Monday of every month at the same time
at the Crosspoint UMC. You
MUST make an appointment, otherwise no one will be
there to help you. Contact either
or one of the other members if you are interested.
Next Scheduled Meeting
The next meeting will be held on Monday,
November 5, 2018,
at the Crosspoint UMC Niceville.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops.
- Proposed agenda and other items:
- Creating a bootable USB - Kevin Dennis
- Continued critique of a slide set for a talk to community groups on
the benefits of using Linux.
- Notes from past meetings are here.
Free Introduction to Linux Course
- The Linux Foundation
continues to offer its free, online course through edX:
"Introduction to Linux."
See this page
for more information and registration.
For $99.00 you can get a verified certificate of completion.
NWFLUG Public Resources
- Files and documents presented at NWFLUG and associated meetings
are available on such as scripts and source code,
are available on Tom's GitHub site here. Use
the the command 'git clone https://github.com/tbrowder/nwflug.git' to download the code onto your
- Other valuable resources are listed in the "Resources" menu item on the